Copyright © Poetry Corner
Design by Dzignine

I'm Grateful... - 11.30.08

I’m grateful for the morning light brightening each morning,
I’m grateful for the happy rays that pull me out of mourning.
I’m grateful for the clouds up high promising the coming snow,
I’m grateful for it’s soft beauty as it falls way down below.
I’m grateful for the grass beneath me softening my fall,
I’m grateful for the little things that don’t make me feel so small.
I’m grateful for the wonders of life bringing change and new beginnings,
I’m grateful for the peace and warmth that come along with new endings.
I’m grateful for mother’s arms holding me when I am sad,
I’m grateful for father’s embrace protecting me from all that is bad.
I’m grateful for my many blessings written by the Patriarch’s pen,
I’m grateful for the promise of tomorrows all about the "if" and "then".
I’m grateful for forgiveness promised to those who don’t always succeed,
I’m grateful for a broken heart and contrite spirit always healing the need.
I’m grateful for what is to come next of only pure joy and love,
I’m grateful for the warm embrace awaiting me above.


- Kimberly H. G. (15 years old)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate